Highlights of the trip:
- Baltimore: Ft. McHenry, Inner Harbor, Edgar Allen Poe's house and gravesite, Charm City Circulator!
- Church and picnic lunch with my best friend Alex, seeing his cousin David and D's wife Kara
- Meeting new friends: Liz, Laura, Mark, Grandpa Dick, and Gma Annie
- Overview of DC: metro riding, Air and Space museum, old Post Office and Federal Triangle, Georgetown Cupcakes and University (priority in that order...)
- Lazy summer day in Annapolis, sea food lunch (first time having oysters!)
- Smash and grab tour of DC monuments: spent all day walking around covering a lot of ground and checking off a list of monuments and museums; Natural Hist. museum, Amer. Hist. Museum, Korea, WWI, WWII, Lincoln, Jefferson, Korea, Vietnam, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery, and more!
- Navigating the Metro to catch an early morning flight home and losing my driver's license, if you are nice enough TSA takes pity on you and you can get through security without it...wouldn't recommend the stress though!
- Breakfast in Minneapolis with another high school bestie: Tim. Lorax pancakes at IHOP are highly recommended.
Picture highlights are below. Hope you enjoy!
|Goofing off at the Ft. McHenry National Monument.|
|Hanging out in Baltimore with some good food and good friends. Funny how often that combination seems to happen. I was so fortunate to be able to catch up with ACU friends like David, Abby, Bonni, and Marc.|
|At the cemetery where Edgar Allen Poe was originally buried. This is a slab of rock that was featured on Ripley's "Believe It or Not".|
|Cliche photo waiting for the train into DC to come.|
|Washington monument in the background, we are hanging out in the bell tower of the old DC post office. Alex is on the far right with his friends Mark, Liz, and Laura. Mark and Alex met Liz and Laura in Georgia while on a road trip promoting MANA. I lucked out and got to meet them while they were up visiting DC on their Spring Break.|
|Washington Monument. Welcome to 'Merica, 'nuff said.|
|We tried to visit Barack, but he was regrettably out of town watching an NCAA basketball tournament in Ohio. Oh well, at least I got to see his white house.|
|Arlington National Cemetery at the eternal flame. I hadn't realized it was burning at the grave site of JFK and his family.|
|Hanging with my buddy Tommy. The ultimate Renaissance Man|