Monday, November 22, 2010

Back Home!

Driving 6600 miles, through 13 states: mentally taxing,
Burning 311 gallons of gasoline: hard on the pocketbook,
Not being able to make it two hours home due to vehicle malfunction: frustratingly comical,
Visiting 12 National Parks and seeing a ton of friends and family: priceless!

For those of you following my road trip on my blog, I have finally arrived back at home after 24 days on the road. What a trip! I enjoyed every minute of it and feel extremely blessed by the love I felt from friends and family seen along the way. Montana greeted me home with winter, and I was able to climb up and make some turns on the local ski area one day this weekend. The forecast this week is for several days of below zero temperatures and potential snow, a far cry from the 80 degree weather I experienced in Death Valley a week ago. Employment is on my mind currently as I think about earning my keep at home, paying off student loans, and saving up for more adventurous trips this spring. The search will go on! Long live the Year Off!

No comments:

Post a Comment