Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

It felt like summer today. The temperatures were in the mid-60s, the sun was out, and us and our neighbors were out in our respective backyards enjoying it to the fullest. My parents and I had a fantastic Sunday lunch on the back deck for the first time of the year: grilled steaks, strawberry-spinach salad, baked potato, guacamole... Mmm-mmm!
I feel really blessed to have been living at home the past year, where it seems like everyday is Mother's and Father's Day. I hope I never take this time living with some of my best friends for granted and I only feel sorry for my friends who have to settle for a phone call and a Hallmark greeting card.
Not only to my mother, but all the women in my family who will stumble across this post in the future: I love you and am grateful for a socially accepted holiday in which to celebrate you! Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment