Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break Intro

Over two weeks ago I enjoyed my final Spring Break as an undergraduate at ACU. It was filled with everything I could ever ask for: many adventures and great company. Now when I say “filled,” I mean packed like herrings in a kipper snack can. Starting off I traveled with my buddy Eric down to Lake Brownwood for a day of climbing with Ben, Mary, Jarrod, and John. It was an absolutely perfect day (I wrote about it earlier…) especially since it was the first strong day of climbing for me since I succumbed to mono. The next day I spent some time with my friend Brad, also a native Montanan, out on the single track mountain bike trails north of campus. Monday was a rest day, to catch up on things around the house and look at my textbooks, before heading off of an amazing journey with my housemate Nathan on Tuesday.

Plans for our trip had begun a very early in the semester and actually much before that if you count the initial whispering of thoughts that eventually led to full blown scheming. However, if our plans were analogous to a Constitution then they received many Amendments over the course of the week. Thankfully we were only a crew of two, making it far easier to reach a unanimous vote and in a much faster time than the US legislature deciding the future of health care.

Hopefully I’ve been able to pique your curiosity. Expect more posts and updates concerning the adventure in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment