Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Road Tripping

I'm currently in employment-limbo: just finished a my summer job with the Forest Service and am looking for work for the winter. But it's all working according to plan, since I've been dreaming about a big road trip for the last year or so. My plan is to take a lap, albeit a big one, around the Western States, seeing friends and family along the way and visiting as many National Parks along the way. I'll be armed with my climbing gear, mountain bike, and trekking poles cruising the byways in the Little Champ.

The past couple of days have been filled with pre-trip preparation. I'm setting myself up with a cozy camp (which will move between camp
grounds and truck stops, wherever I wind up for the night) complete with propane-powered heater, stove, and lantern. I've also been trying to rig up a shelter for the back of my truck in order to be somewhat out of inclement weather while preparing meals or jamming on the guitar in the evenings.

First stop is Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, then off to Laramie to visit a college buddy. I'll be updating my blog as wireless internet allows, so stay tuned and enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the ride. You are only young once and only live once--LIVE with no regrets. Amuse-toi beaucoup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to make it to Alaska?

    ReplyDelete