Saturday, January 1, 2011

F is for Fun

Happy New Year! 2010 flew by, but not without some great adventures with good friends and loving family. I can't wait to see what the new year brings. I haven't worked on reviewing my goals and accomplishments this past year and then making new goals/resolutions for 2011, but that's on the ever-growing list of things to do. Hopefully I'll have something to post within the next couple of days.

I party-hopped a little last night to usher in the New Year, starting with a meal and games at a family's house from church and moving to a friend's house down the street for more snacks and games. I feel very lucky to have the love and support from so many friendly faces. They inspire me to be a better, more cheerful and loving, out-going person this next year. May I bless the lives of others as much as they bless me.

At midnight, I found myself on the side of a snow-covered hill where Flathead High School proudly displays a white 'F' that's visible from town. Our group saw fireworks amid the glowing lights of the town below and exchanged whoops and hollers with a party at a house near the base of the hill. There were ten of us that skinned up the F-Hill with our skis and enjoyed 6 inches of fresh snow on the ski down (6 inches of fresh snow on top of grass and rocks, yikes!). Now I just need to make myself some Junk Boards so I won't be so worried about ruining my skis. But it's still pretty cool to be able to ski some "backcountry" just minutes from downtown Kalispell.

No comments:

Post a Comment