Monday, April 8, 2013

Preparing my Stomach

I'm super excited about Nepal and everything that it has to offer. And what else to look forward to but food! I had fun reading this Wiki on Napalese Cuisine. Check it out!

Now, I probably haven't been able to completely mimic the meals that we will be partaking in while out of the country, but I'm doing what I can to prepare my body for less protein, more rice, and lentils. Shown here on the right is come curry lentils over a mix of rice and quinoa. A little bit of canned chicken tops off the ensemble. It's very good (especially with a little Sriracha hot sauce!) and very simple to make. I made these containers the night before and then Alli and I had them for lunch the next day.

Pray with me that our stomachs and our bodies will be able to adapt quickly to a foreign country, especially that we would have the fuel and energy to carry our supplies into the mountains.



No comments:

Post a Comment