Saturday, April 6, 2013

Successful M Summit

Successful M Summit event for all of us Nepalers! The weather held very nicely, none of us had injuries, and everyone reached their goals. That's what I'm talking about!

And that's not all: we had a table with water and gatorade set up at the trail head. Our efforts on the trail today sparked many a conversation with people out for a Saturday hike, both at the water cooler and on the trail. You get a lot of shocked looks when you tell someone you are working on your 7th lap up to the top.
And kids (adults too, for that matter) loved figuring out that they had seen you before on the trail. Everyone was impressed and wanted to hear about why we were running and what we were going to do in Nepal.

What a great group of people I get to travel and work with: everyone has a upbeat personality and is pumped for the trip. And everyone took ownership of this event to raise awareness, raise funds, and train for hiking in the mountains.

As I mentioned earlier, everyone reached their goals. I was personally able to hike/run/scramble up to the M ten different times. A rough calculation in my head tells me that our group summitted the M at least 80 times! Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and support.

Kyler was such a trooper: she ran 5 laps with me and kept up for the most part. She and I were pretty tired and hungry when we got home. Right now, both of us have had food in our bellies and a little bit of rest. Now I'm off to the shower, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment